3.25.2012

Good Intentions

In order to get my body "California ready" so I don't stick out, I began running everyday and picked up a few DVDs from Target to supplement my workout.  Thirty minutes to get ripped?  Alright, Ill try it.
It's actually a really good workout!  It was a new idea to me, the 3-2-1 system, and before I knew it, the workout was over.  Max was still confused and thought we were playing (he barks at me and chases me throughout the entire workout) and I was covered in sweat but felt great!

However...  I get easily distracted and cram a lot into my days so I have been slacking off on the workouts and trying to visit with family and friends as much as I can.  This always includes countertops full of food, heaping plates of deliciousness and great company. 

Last night, I stuffed my face at my cousin's housewarming party and then (true to the pig that I am) met my work friends at one of our favorite spots in Pittsburgh, specifically in Hazelwood called Jozsa's Corner. 


We sat in the actual kitchen while he cooked and delivered round after round of Hungarian dishes that I couldn't pronounce correctly if I even tried.  Lots of noodles, meat and variations of cabbage.  He's very chatty and hospitable and even "pops his collar."  In our discussions between dishes, he relayed how involved he was in the community, president of this, on the board of that and how every dish is his mother's recipe. 

As we were wrapping the night up and finishing off our bottles of wine, we visited the "Pittsburgh bathroom" and then caught a glimpse of an awkward shoulder massage from his daughter as we were heading out. 

Lots of miles on my car, lots of smiles and lots of calories in my body.  It was a good Saturday.  It was a bad workout day.  There's always tomorrow...