So in my stupor after work one morning a few days ago, I was going to post something else on my blog but accidentally deleted my last post. Congratulations if you were able to read it in the 12 hours or so it was posted, but I bet most of you were sleeping. I will try to sum it up as best as I remember.
The high tides relaxed some and Max and I were able to get back to the dog beach. I am continuously impressed with how well he listens even when he is out of his mind excited about running and playing!
| Good boy! |
| My favorite |
We saw Magic Mike. I can say that it was not the best movie I've seen but also, it was not my idea. Michelle had been urging us to go see this movie and since we were going to see the movie, Bryan urged us to get BBQ beforehand. We did both. I guess it's back to Fifty Shades for me!
Lucille's is a chain restaurant and it wouldn't have been my first choice upfront for BBQ. It felt like Applebee's inside and I was skeptical but the meat was really good, I was impressed! So with full bellies and a drink at the theater bar, we went into Magic Mike. On our way in, there was a wall of old movie posters. I thought it was cool and would look neat on the blog so I took a shot of it.
When I looked closer, I laughed because it was a wall of old pornographic movie posters. Whoops! This one made me giggle.
While this was going on, there was a hail storm at home. Look at the size of that hail! It tore up my parents pool furniture and dented some of my friend's cars. Yikes! I reminded my mom how lucky she was to have thought ahead (ha!) and adding a two car garage onto their home. That could have been ugly.
There was a 4th of July party at the beach with a lot of travelers which I had to decline because I was scheduled to work that night. I slept all day and was woken up at 5:00PM to a call from the staffing office calling me off for the night and rescheduling me later in the week. Awesome, right?! Kind of. I slept all day and everyone was already out. I decided to cook and stay in with Max. I've seen fireworks before and I live on the top floor, so my balcony allowed for my own private fireworks show. There was an awesome view along the horizon but it was too small to capture on a photo. The neighboring building to my left had their own little show and I had front row seats. I got one good picture and here it is:
I left Max inside with the doors shut and music on during the show. He's never had problems before.. except every time I checked in on him he was in a different hiding place. Poor pup!
and
On to the news already!
I accepted a contract for my next assignment! I am staying in LA. Thank goodness because I haven't seen a celebrity yet and haven't finished being a tourist. Also, the friends I've made will still be sticking around, so we will have more time and more adventures together in the California sun. Hurray!
1. My new hospital:
I will be spending 13 weeks (or more) at Kaiser Los Angeles Medical Center (LAMC). It is pretty much the Presby of Kaiser. I am assigned to the cardiac ICU. Hearts SCARE me. I can't wait to get over my fear.
2. My new neighborhood:
I am moving out of a place I describe as Wilkinsburg, CA or "a place where my mom would remind me to lock my car doors" to everyone. The apartment building itself and just around the area is nice, but most of the roadside is liquor/ATM/deli/carwashes/taco shops. One after another. We saw a group of high school kids lined up on the side of the road, hands above their heads, cops searching their car. I am living on the set of C.O.P.S.
Anyway, I am moving into an Arts District neighborhood in North Hollywood. The apartments look great! It has a full gym (not just a treadmill and some weights) and a pool on the roof! The neighborhood has way more going on then here, so while I will be without a travel buddy, at least I can attract people to hang out in my neighborhood with me.
3. I got my final schedule for this assignment:
I was able to plan and rearrange days and I will be coming home for a visit!
I will be in town for a few days to meet babies, see family and friends and make it to the Bowers' picnic. Please make sure to turn down the temperature and humidity and make a girl feel at home, mkay? Thanks.
*****
Saturday night was date night with my friend who is another traveler from Pittsburgh. We dressed up and traveled to Hollywood to try Koi It is supposedly famous for celebrities and sushi. Afterward she wanted to take me out to some places where she has been for drinks (she's been here a little longer than me). On our way to the restaurant, we pulled over so I could get a shot of this:
If you are a fan of Project Runway at all, you're with me in excitement, right?
We got to the restaurant and as we were seated, neither of us grabbed a menu, we were on celebrity watch. No one immediately. After we ordered, a party came in with body guards who stood along the wall. Surely it was someone! I thought I figured it out and I can't explain to you what reaction my body had to who I thought it was.
| ^ |
![]() |
| Alexander Skarsgard aka Eric Northman from True Blood |
We continued with our meal. I haven't had sushi since I came out here. It may have been that or maybe the restaurant knew what they were doing. Either way, delicious! With a creme brulee on top.
On our walk to the car, I saw a life sized model of the image I used to sculpt my hand held size sculpture, which some of you may recognize. I miss art.
I am happy to report that my diet is paying off. When I get a chance to weigh myself at work, I do. I've lost three pounds since the last check (which was maybe 1-2 weeks ago)! This recipe wasn't my favorite, but if it sheds the LBs, I'll eat it!
See you very soon!
XO



No comments:
Post a Comment