11.04.2012

A Different Kind of Color Change

It is really tough to keep up with this thing not knowing if anyone is out there.  The pressure!  Hello??  I guess that is how it is being a blogger, I am still learning.  At least I will have a play by play reminder of my life in California if nothing else. 

So what's up? I finally got new running shoes and signed  up for the Turkey Trot in Pittsburgh while I am home.  I have been trying to break them in a little on the trail by my house.  The weather has been really great for running, however this week..  ugh, it is going to be 80-90s again so I may suffocate. 

Who wants to earn turkey dinner with me?!





In another attempt to get ready, I was invited to join a group of runners for The Color Run.  It was in San Diego this past Saturday.  There was some confusion and miscommunication that resulted in the registration being closed when I went to sign up.  Oh well.   That was rude.  I still went to see what it was all about and cheer my friends on/take pictures/hold bags/see San Diego.






It was not as exciting as I had imagined but it was creative and it benefits the Big Brothers Big Sisters Organization, so that's cool.  Here is a picture from their Facebook page from that day:

Lots of people and a beautiful day!


Before and After


The after party- this is MY picture, a little editing.  Neat!













As they crossed the finish line, I snapped a few photos for them and then found the boys being boys, throwing color at each other.  Was a pretty cool looking action shot and it also looks like they are attacking the lady with yellow on her behind them. 




I have really gotten used to several lanes of highway to bob and weave through, and by several I mean seven or so.  Getting back to two lane highways is going to be a shock to my road rage! 


I finally found bibimbap a few weeks ago at this little Korean restaurant in LA!  They were decorated for Halloween and had cobwebs everywhere.  The food was very delicious.  The waiter even hummed/softly sang Gangnam Style and did a little dance as he was preparing the food at our table.  Ha!





BIBIMBAP!  That egg has the right idea <3


I have still been cooking paleo at home, using the grill more now than ever before.  I rediscovered my love for bacon.  It always tastes great wrapped around everything on my plate and fired up on the grill.

Steak, bacon wrapped scallops, spinach and mushrooms, sweet potato "fries" - Heyooo!






I have been able to sneak a few FaceTimes/Skypes in my schedule in my homesickness/excitement to get home in six more shifts, that's right, SIX! Two weeks...  Gobblerito, I am coming for you!

Will has adapted to technology well and so quickly too!  He liked peek-a-boo but only for a short time before he got freaked out and started crying.  Babies being babies!  I was able to catch a shot of his peak interest!

Peek!

Downtown Burbank has become a frequent destination now that I found it and saw that it has, um, EVERYTHING I need.  I was hunting garlic aka having dinner and found THIS:


 Come ON!!

It wasn't even Halloween.  Give me time to enjoy some pumpkin things, turkey and squeeze a gobblerito in my face first.  Seems like Santa bulldozes through earlier every year.  

Speaking of Halloween...


<3

Driving home from The Color Run, we ended up on Sunset Boulevard after driving down Rodeo Drive, you know, NBD.  It was (still) a nice day, there were lots of motorcycles and fancy cars cruising.  While this car LOOKS like Justin Bieber's car, it wasn't.  I almost got thrown own of the driver's seat by my passenger to snap a shot of this chrome Lamborghini.  Pretty and shiny.  See my car's reflection in the back end?




My upcoming plans:

  • A Malibu hike?
  • Los Angeles County Museum of Art?
  • Finally watching some old movies that have been on my list?
  • More dinners with Bryan and Michelle before they leave for Colorado?
  • Registration for an upcoming marathon?!?!

I hope to get another post in before I head home.  If not, see you all soon!


Enjoy a giggle, I love this picture!

Edgewood Gothic?

 XO

No comments:

Post a Comment