5.15.2012

Celebrations.


There is so much to talk about as far as celebrations and happiness goes.  It is so great to hear all of this wonderful news!

First things first.  Vivian graduated on Saturday and will be attending kindergarten in the fall.  Time definitely flies, so keep that in mind (new parents) as I go on..



On Sunday, the day after my fry at the poolside, I called home and talked to everyone for Mother's Day.  I especially love how technology makes approximately 2,500 miles not seem so far afterall.  Yay!


 



On Monday, May 7, my former roommate, Jenni, and her husband welcomed a daughter, Mya Claire.



And of course, I'm sure this is not news to most of you, my cousin Sarah and her husband Mike welcomed baby Evelyn Ashleen on Monday, May 14.




Jared and I have been keeping busy trying new places and working up and down the coast to different beaches.  I am really looking forward to taking Max to the dog beach (I finally found it) and immediately to the dog spa nearby.  Heh.  He has no idea what is coming!

Per a recommendation from new friends, we tried Rodondo Beach Brewing Company.  They serve beer with fruit in it.  Refreshing drinks and scenery.



Since we were there and paid the meter anyway, we decided to check out THIS end of the beach.  Each beach we've been to looks different in some way.  We spotted a guy kite surfing, a new term for me.  He was surfing with a kite...  just like it sounds but the wind in the kite was able to lift him out of the waves and he was suspended in the air for a brief moment before catching another wave and moving through the water like he was on a jet ski.  Looks fun but too far out in the water for me to ever want to try.  Enjoy the picture show.

Houses in the hillside leading to a cliff into the ocean. 


Wish the mountains would have shown up more in the distance.


Those are my feet!


The water was unexpectedly warm.  And foamy,



Needless to say, I am loving it, especially after hearing how cold and wet Pittsburgh was this past weekend.  It has been quite a mood lifter here in the sun.  My door is open...

And finally...  celebrations continue this week.  More on this at the end of this week.  I will give you a photo teaser peek though.

(A check off of my bucketlist)


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment