5.28.2012

Olly Olly Oxen Free

...no seriously.  Where are all the stars?

I have been here for a month and was certain I would run into someone!  Anyone!  Nothing yet...  Probably because I am just now catching up to the 2000s on TV and actually don't know who is a star beyond that time.  Bill Murray is that you?  Might Tom Hanks be sitting next to me?  I find myself awkwardly staring other tables down and making eye contact with strangers, hoping for a nonverbal signal of stardom.  Nothing.  We are planning to remedy this with a TMZ tour in the near future.  It's on!

Jared and I both worked Thursday night and agreed to breakfast after work with another traveling couple whom we've befriended.  We had to be at class at noon in LA and decided to just stay awake (I was awake for 28 hours and went to bed before dark) for it.  I have been introduced to banana bread french toast.  There is no turning back, diabetes here I come! 

Class was a snore, literally.  Videos about fire safety and carrying a dummy around "to safety" per the instructor who looked more like an SNL character than a real person.  On our drive home we got the giggles and laughed that we stayed awake, drove to a high rise building in downtown LA to carry a dummy around on a sheet with strangers.  Was this real life anymore?  It was and is.  I have a certification card to prove it.


This holiday weekend was the beginning of something called Fiesta Hermosa.  Kind of like an art festival practically on the beach.  The place was crowded with tents, dogs, bikes, small and large children and some bands performing popular songs.  The beaches and restaurants were so crowded!  We had plans to try out a nearby bar with another traveling couple.  We nixed that for a smaller place further down the road, less crowded, equally as sunny.  Before we made the trek though, we spent time on the beach and then everyone got a hot dog for the walk.

Paddle ballin'




We are still trying to get a hang of the traffic patterns around here.  We were a little delayed getting started and then delayed in arriving and also detoured on our way to The Getty Center.  This was one of my things to do before I left.  I was pumped to check it out.  Unfortunately we arrived after sunset (it gets dark very quickly) and had an hour to tour the place which was practically no time at all.  We walked around and took a few pictures but plan to return in the daytime with plenty of time for covering the entire museum.  The architecture (what I could appreciate) of this place was incredible!  It was so beautiful at night, I can't wait to see what it looks like in the daytime.  Preparing to be blown away...










Plan B for the night...  When in doubt in LA, eat and star hunt.


We did a mini tour of Beverly Hills again for our new friends and went to a notable restaurant nearby, known for stars and paparazzi and also fried chicken and enchilada appetizers.  Guess what?  We still didn't see anyone famous, but we had good food and probably some of the best service since we've been here so that was nice and refreshing. 

Speaking of food, the produce here is incredible!  I bought some strawberries and was amazed at the size and color of these things!  Every berry, every bin, larger than the next.  Yum!


Hope everyone had a nice weekend and made it out and about safely!

XO





No comments:

Post a Comment