3.21.2013

HBD Bloggeroni!



Happy 1st Birthday to my baby blog!





I am so thankful for the most amazing year of my life to date!

This (traveling) is by far one of the best decisions (behind becoming a nurse, obvi) that I have ever made, and if you know me, I am not known for my terrific decisions.  I did it!

By the end of this contract I will have been out here in California for an entire year.  I have made so many friends and had so many unbelievable experiences.  The positivity and happiness is high.  I could not have done any of this without the love and support of home, so thank YOU for keeping up with me and reading my stream of consciousness blog writing relaying my experiences.  I miss home a little, sure.  Snow? Clouds?  A state store? What I thought was traffic?  Not so much, but I DO miss these things:
  • Family (special shout out to Kelly, Aunt Shelley and Colleen who I know are my number 1 readers)
  • Friends
  • Neighbors
  • Pittsburgh n'at
  • Harrisburg
  • Delmont (Erica)
  • Edgewood
  • Presby NICU
  • A backyard
  • A basement
  • Cheap gas
  • "Meats"
  • Hugs
  • The promise of a non-paleo Jimmy John's trip in my future...


My next stop is Washington, DC in May (woot!), which is only a hop, skip, jump and a turnpike away from Pittsburgh.  It's going to be a lot easier to visit so let's do this.  


XO and mouthfuls of cake

1 comment:

  1. I love DC. It is one of my favorite places to go. I know you will love it there. So much to see if you are a history buff. Too bad you will miss the cherry blossoms. Hope to see you soon. Have a Happy Easter. Piggies in your ears. Love, Aunt Shelley

    ReplyDelete