I am wrapping things up and squeezing some fun in. This will be my last post from California as I am packing and reddin' up to hit the road with Mama Bear this weekend.
| Whozzat? |
When I moved out here, I was listening to a lot of Pandora, missing my 'cake in the breakroom.' The station I chose played a lot of this girl, Lindsey Stirling. I looked everywhere for her album, I was really digging her style. Just a little electric violin and a girl. I dig. This song (<--) was probably my first introduction to her and it evolved from there.
I was overjoyed in November when Erica told me that her album was available. I had stopped looking. The entire album is worthy of a listen. I dare you. Recently, Lindsey went on tour and stopped in LA. I was lucky enough to spend a night listening to her live and alive. Electrifying! Enjoy some videos I snapped.
One is a cover of Rihanna's song (We Found Love). She covered the song (along with video games and the Phantom of the Opera) relaying her trip to Kenya. The children there had never heard a violin so they were pretty entertained. Check out her video that played behind her on stage while she played. She's kind of a funky cat, I like her.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A co-worker and I signed up for the Hollywood 10K, which was also a 5K, half and full marathon. We were only medium bad ass about this run, but more than the color run we did. Six miles is still a long run!
A lot of Hollywood and Sunset were shut down for the duration. It was a 6AM start though, so it didn't jam things up too much for a Saturday.
On the walk in, I saw this star. I had missed it in all the times I've been over the walk of fame. It was a little hometown encouragement. At least that was how I saw it, neighbor.
Like I said, it was an early start. While we were early, we were almost not early enough! We arrived just in time for the start!
| (More tutus in this race. whyyyyy?) |
The race was put on by some superhero group, so there were several superhero figures in mix of runners as well as stars, but mostly, Marilyns.
| An on the go snap. |
| I did it all for the medal. |
Oh! Did I win? Well I did see Denise Richards' Dad who was on Millionaire Matchmaker and was somewhat related to Charlie Sheen, so, #winning?
| Just a little past 7. Good morning! |
| Action pose? Nailed it! (@Kelly) |
This is my last run before the Pittsburgh Marathon which I am running in, surprise! I just found out myself but I am looking forward to getting back out there and nailing it, yinzer style. Give me your hills and bridges...
Speaking of yinzers, somehow we all found each other out here. Us Pittsburghers made the trek back to Dodger's Stadium to watch them take on the Pittsburgh Pirates. Now I know the Pirates aren't that great but... We still went to cheer them on!
| A view from the other side this time |
| All yinz, all day long |
Meanwhile I am doing my best to make it through THREE more days of work. I reflected on how much I have learned about the heart (and how un-heart healthy this Paleo diet COULD be for me <Dear Santa, I want a prescription for Lipitor>) and surprise myself when patients ask questions and I know the answers! I guess I made room for a little bit of hearts on my nursing belt, but brains are my thang. I'll be back in the Neuro ICU at Georgetown in May!
I am really looking forward to getting back to east coast nursing!!!
As the Critical Care attending said at Presby, "Medicine goes from east to west and fashion goes from west to east." How true! I learned this one in real time. I had been under some stress the past few days because on top of packing and squaring things away to head out of CA, I had to test to even get into Georgetown for an interview. I had two tests to take, each one must be completed within 48 hours and you don't have unlimited tries. Just one try, a conversation with one of the coordinators and then one last shot. Sheesh! I felt like if I was testing to get into west coast nursing, the questions may have been similar to the following:
"If I have seven tater tots left on my plate, how many minutes until I have to be back to relieve my buddy for her morning break?"
You see how I had to differentiate there? There is also a lunch and afternoon break. #spoiledrotten
It's true. I HAVE been spoiled rotten. All these breaks and lift teams... Anyway, I passed and interviewed. Get your palsy on, I'm on my way!
And so we meet again, space bags. They are one of the best inventions created for a traveler but also panic inducing. I have nothing to wear! I have six days left and can wear scrubs... and a few other things that I have left over. Ugh. Time to get creative!
My Jetta has no idea what she is in for. Mama Bear and I will be traveling more north this time on our way home. I am still working out the details on what's in store for us. Stay tuned...
I appreciate you "keeping up with this travel nurse" for the past year. I am renewing for another year of adventures. I can't wait to see what happens next!
XO



No comments:
Post a Comment