8.06.2013

Sign, Sign...

...everywhere a sign.

Not only has this song on repeat in my head given me the chance to learn who sang it (Five Man Electrical Band, who knew?) but also to do a little life evaluation. 

All of the signs in my life are pointing to moving on.  My frustrations are high and my security, stability and safety have survived a year at their lowest ever.  Enough is enough.  I've tried it. It has been a more than magical year as well as a great experience that I would never take back.  On to the next chapter of my life.  More details coming later as they firm up.


----------------------------------------------------------------


In the meantime, there hasn't been too much to blog about.  What can I say, it rains a lot on my days off.

See?  A day off...



At least the rain is good for my flowers!

I made several trips home this past month (VW still hanging in there like a good girl!) which was the original plan when I moved back east, so it was nice to see family and help celebrate together. 

First stop was for Jeff and Christie's baby shower, welcoming Blake to the family (any day now).

Jeff and McKenna ready for diaper duty



Seesters



Easily one of my favorite sibling pictures of the year!  "I mustache you children where your parents are..."



Was able to spend time with these fast growing little people


Then the following weekend, there was a late 4th of July party in Delmont (Erica!), with my aunts and uncles, cousins, lots more kids and a peppering of "other" family members. 

Ben and I Instagrammed from the back seat while my old roommates drove us to the party.  I'm the cool aunt, remember?  Where do you think he got those shades?!

Selfies in the backseat



Almost a full family picture, just missing some kids and a few redwoods, ahem,  I mean the Marks family ;)

At night I was able to meet up with some of my favorite Pittsburgh people and share some drinks, stories and try a new hot dog joint.  Whaaaa??

If you like campfires, you will like this drink!  I present - the smoke stack.   


There was a new hot dog joint that Erica wanted us to try that night.  Thankfully it was somewhat paleo friendly so I didn't feel COMPLETELY bad for cheating.  We were the only ones in the place and it wasn't even that late.  I hope this place does well, it was pretty delicious.  There is one in Lawrenceville and one dahntahn n'at.  This one was in Lawrenceville.  I regret not taking more pictures.  The inside was set up with pews like we were going to a late Saturday night mass.  A church that served hot dogs,  organic curry garbanzo fries and beers instead of wafers and wine.  If you live in Pittsburgh, go check out Franktuary.




They partnered with and were serving beer from Arsenal Cider House, which is a nifty little beer joint up the road.  They had a special Christmas in July on tap - pretty, pretty good stuff.

It was so great being able to see everyone this month!


------------------------------------------------------------------------


I did it!  I finally found a reason and means to use the metro here!

Another traveler and I went to lunch and a museum on one of the hottest weeks in DC since I've been here.  It was a welcomed break to get out of the direct sun for a little.







Somehow, it never fails, I get asked for directions.  I am probably one of the worst at navigating in a place I am familiar with, let alone a new city.  I deferred to my friend, whose heart is bigger than mine.  She used her iPhone to direct these people to their destination.  Me and my cold heart stood in the shade until she was finished.  Then we made our way to the art museum. 

Not too shabby!
Art is art and if I posted pictures, it would probably bore you to death and have you wondering why you are even reading my blog whose excitement level has taken a turn for the worse, so, I will just share the unique picture I was able to capture that day.  I've never seen anyone actually set up and in the process of pirating a painting :)  I love art and I've saved the images for myself.  Deal with it.


Did I mention that it was the hottest week ever?  Oh, ok.  I don't know that the host at dinner got wind of that.  He seated me in the chair directly next to the coals of the fire that was blazing that day.  Thankfully, I can laugh about this now.  Pretty but, duh, Mr. Host.  Double duh.



-----------------------------------------------------------

And, I'm back to work, air conditioned work! Ahh.

So these things things showed up within the past few weeks.  At first, I was like "Whaaaa??" and then found out that they have popped ('pooped' before editing, smooth typing skillz) up everywhere (other hospitals via nurse friends in other cities).  Good idea I guess but I imagined us trying to put patients on these and laughed even harder.  It will be an amusing and champion day when these work out the way they are supposed to work.






And to end on a good note, it is nice to know I am among some of the hottest women in DC!  There is a surprisingly large group of young women at this hospital, so the poll is probably pretty accurate.  I've even heard patient family members asking, "Is everyone who works here incredibly attractive? Jeez."  Answer: Yes.

Found this in the break room, go Georgetown - #2!

So, upcoming events.

I plan on being home to go to a few of the baseball games at PNC Park before summer runs away.  Pirates, fireworks, concerts, primanti's n'at?  Sign me up! 






Heck yes! Can't wait!  I am rooting for Sauerkraut Saul already in the Pierogi Race.  My history with sauerkraut goes back so far into my Pittsburgh childhood and forward into my Oktoberfest parties.  Go Saul!!




Also, I will be in town for the 2013 Zoo Brew at the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium.




I always meant to go while I lived there (Pittsburgh) and never made it.  Looking forward to finding out what it's all about.  I hear it's a decent time.  As of now, I think tickets are still on sale (Sale started 8/1) so if you are interested, definitely grab some tickets and lemme know you will be around.  Lots of brews, foods and musics.   

There is also a guest of honor coming to visit in the next few weeks so I am hoping to have some fun pictures to post from that visit as well!

Until more details unfold, put those pierogi bets in!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment