6.12.2012

Cheese. And no cheese.

You know how people say dogs and their owners slowly become more and more like each other everyday, well...


In case you were wondering if we are having a good time, see above.


Some Mother Nature's event has caused the tides to rise in California and the wind to pick up this past week.  There were so many of those kite surfers out! 


In other news, Max is becoming more brave about getting in the ocean.  He voluntarily goes in to get wet and cool off now.  He doesn't mind a wave or two either.  It makes me smile to watch him having a good time and making new puppy friends every time we visit the dog beach.  He does miss Ruby though, he is drawn to all the small dogs, frightening the owners more than the dog.  



Straight out of a puppy swim suit magazine, a natural

...with purpose



There is a neat little place in Santa Monica where we recently visited.  It has a nice stretch of shops and restaurants outside where people also set up to play live music or perform some kind of talent show.  There is a lot of action going on there!  I didn't get pictures from there because it was so busy but I pulled up some pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like. It reminds me of a longer version of the South Side Works or the Waterfront.


At the end of the stretch of shops, there is a fancy outdoor mall area with all the fancy brand name stores but also, the regular affordable ones.  It's the fanciest mall I've ever been to!



It's been a little over a month and I started getting more homesick.  I also decided to make the most of what is going on out here and take advantage of the weather and produce and really get myself into shape.  A friend recommended a Paleo Diet, which is pretty much a caveman diet.  Lean meats, fruits, veggies, etc.  No dairy or pasta or processed foods.  This is tough but doable, I just need to learn some new recipes.  The first night I tried one recipe, I had to pick a few things up from the local grocery store.  This wasn't even a Wal-Mart but look what we have here:


Rollers in the hair?  It helped with the homesick feeling a little :)  Blurry, I know, but I was trying to be a little sly hiding behind the avocados.  This is how dinner turned out.


It didn't take very long, it didn't call for many ingredients and it even tasted good.  Too bad I don't have a scale here to see how effective it is on my body.  Maybe I'll just hop on a (clean) patient bed at work, since it won't be my first time.

And.... we are back to the beach! 

Jared and I had the day off and made plans for an entire day at yet another new beach.  We packed up early and got settled before the clouds burned off. 



The nearby houses were incredible!  The sand was super soft and the beach wasn't crowded at all, thank you Monday.  We also caught a glimpse of probably the biggest celebrities we've seen yet, below.


I have no idea who they are but they were rehearsing lines while walking up and down the beach.  They will probably be the hottest stars in our favorite new TV show or movie soon.  Can't wait to find out! 


We spent the second part of the day eating burgers, doing cannonballs in the pool, making a whirlpool and trying out the hot tub.  Real grown ups.

Onto the biggest news of the week!

I am an aunt again, making a perfectly even 3 boys and 3 girls!  I told my dad that I am not planning to mess those numbers up so, look at Jeff not me! 

Jessica and Jason have been in and out of the hospital in the days leading up to this past Saturday night.  "It" wasn't ready.  I named "it" Yvonne Darlene but I was way off!  Early Sunday morning, also my parent's 40th wedding anniversary, our family welcomed little William Allen Marks, or  "WAM."  He is a healthy 8lb 12oz 20 in boy.  Everyone is doing so well and all are already at home, earlier than they shot for.  These pictures are from days 1-3.  He's changing so much already! 

Hi little guy!

W.A.M.
Thank goodness for technology, homesickness is easily resolved, though in the short term.  I was able to FaceTime and share some laughs with my parents and sister, my work friends and soon, the proud new parents.  And anyone else who wants to, we can make it happen! 


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment