After a three-day stretch of work, my nights and my sleep are messed up. Thankfully, I got to come home to this guy and share what has now become his bed while I am away. Awww..
While I worked those nights, I was entertained by all of the Facebook posts while Anthrocon 2012 was going on, go Pittsburgh. Did you see any furries?
Just before our stretch of nights, Jared and I went to iPic Theaters to see Snow White and the Huntsman. Why go to a normal theater when you can go to one that is below ground and has a bar, recliners with pillows and blankets and service throughout the movie like a first class plane ride? It wasn't much more expensive either! They just get you with the service. It was odd to push a button and have a waiter on his knees asking what he can bring you. Anyway, the food was delicious and the popcorn was free. After the movie, the couple behind us was passed out. Darkness, alcohol, a full belly and a late night movie in a recliner is a perfect combination for a Snow White spell.
Back at home, Ben's team won their world series. Way to go Ben and the Cubs!
...these two are getting SO big!
... and I had a FaceTime chat with little Will. Looks like he is looking at me, huh? He is only three days old here and already iPhone ready. I can't wait to meet this little fella!
Jason and Jessica hired one of Abbey's friends, who is also named Abby, to do a newborn photo shoot. I'm sure this is old news as these photos blew up on everyone's Facebook feed today, I just can't stop looking at them. Abby did an amazing job!
On my off-work days, I am trying to get into this Paleo diet. Last night I made this.
I used their picture because it was prettier than mine. The recipe was titled "Basil Pork Burgers with Mushrooms and Basil Garlic Mayo." Not a lot of ingredients but a whole lot of flavor! They turned out very well.
This morning I made sweet potato pancakes with a fried egg on top (also their picture). It was amazing! This food doesn't even taste like diet food. I'm not asking questions, I'm just gonna open my mouth and keep eating!
I got the phone call asking if we wanted to extend our contract today. I am having a great time here and wouldn't mind staying a little while longer, but my friends in San Francisco are urging me to move north with them so we can all work together at UCSF. This is also tempting because soon it will be wine season and they will be entering their summer which makes me very happy. I am trying to have a snow free year and I have scars proving how much I dislike being cold.
It wouldn't be torturous for me to stay.. I've met some really great people and I don't want to even think about starting another round of goodbyes. I have been meeting more new people as new travelers are completing orientation and appearing in the ICU and the nurse staffing office. Yesterday I met someone who is traveling from Cleveland! She has been traveling since 2005 and says that this assignment is the worst one yet. Like Jared, she is counting down the weeks until her assignment is over. I guess knowing that I am starting at the bottom is refreshing because now I know that things can't get worse, and right now, they aren't even that bad. I do know that I will never regret this decision.
Hope everyone is surviving the weather out there. Here is what mine looks like...
...a dream
XO




No comments:
Post a Comment