While my master and Grammy are in bed, I've hijacked the phone and am helping out with an update. We are alive.
I didn't really understand why my sunny California apartment was being packed up and becoming more empty each day. I stopped eating just in case... Then on Sunday, I saw that bag on the roof and my bed in the back seat again. Oh dear. Here we go again!
My master dressed me up in a bowtie (yes, really) and asked me to get into the back seat. I was hesitant because I remembered the last time my bed was in the back seat. Where are we going now? I didn't even get a treat to make me sleepy this time! A drug free ride to an undiscussed location? Doesn't she remember that car rides aren't my favorite thing?
As you probably figured out by now, I hopped in the back seat. I was tempted to stay in this sunny and warm place forever (my body never felt so good!) but I guess my master has other plans. Don't worry, so far, I'm still interested in this ride.
The first day, I was curled up in the backseat for what seemed like hours. Oh wait, do I even understand time? I don't. I will tell you that I stared at a pink bag, mostly by force, and willed the white bag not to fall on my head. I was so nervous!
My master stopped the car and let me out to mark some new territory. There was a really awful smell in the air and I thought I heard some buddies nearby. We walked a little bit and then I saw these new kinds of buddies. They didn't see me but I still growled to let them know that I was there. They barked back but I don't think it was at me. They were kinda gross!
It was a pretty jerky ride before we stopped again. I stayed in the car until they got back because I had to watch all the stuff in the car. The humans seemed happier when they got back into the car. We rode until it was dark and then once I got out, I couldn't find anywhere to mark more new territory. Thankfully, master pointed to a tiny bush and I felt much better! No naps all day? I need a drink and a giant nap!
I barely remember finishing my second bowl of water before I was sound asleep. My master even woke me up at 4am (I overheard her telling Grammy) to tell me to stop snoring. When it was time to get up, my master put on my new collar. She kept taking pictures (I don't pose well).
It was another nauseating trip and the humans seemed anxious. I could barely relax my eyes! Just say the word, I got this, whatever it is. When I got out to stretch my legs this time, the air was so clean and lots of people were holding their phones up like my master does when she's taking pictures of me. What gives? I still have my fancy collar on. Hello! I'm over here. Maybe a growl and a half bark will get them to see me? Ah, here they come now.
Finally. My master sat down. So did Grammy. I sat down with them, after some convincing but I could still see those guys walking toward us, and I didn't like it one bit! Hey buddy, I'm watching you!
My legs are getting kinda cramped in this back seat but I'll keep doing it as long as my master keeps slipping me these yummy treats! Winning!
When it was dark again and the car stopped, I was told to watch the things in the car again. I guess it's the least I can do since not having thumbs doesn't allow me to drive, take pictures or carry anything, right?
Finally, I was out of the car and I had to find a blade of grass, anything! I rode in this box with what I overheard them say was a mirror. I was gonna say... How'd he get so good looking too?! There were so many smells and people and noises once the door to the box opened and wait, I hafta pee! Maybe here? Oh, right. She said no, not yet. We made it to the bedroom shortly after I found a tree and some other dog smells. Just like the night before, lights OUT!
Today, I decided to switch it up and face the other direction in the car. Maybe if I put my back to the pink and white bag, they won't be there anymore! I was able to nap today and even have a dream! This ride isn't so bad after all.
Shhh... Someone is moving. I should wrap this up before someone misses a phone. One more story though and then I hope we are home.
There I was, facing the door, minding my business trying to get comfortable for a nap and guess what happened?! The white bag fell from the sky and landed on me! I was trapped (and so scared)! My master saved me. I'm a little too sleepy to worry about it today but maybe I will plan a different set up for tomorrow. If I can sneak a phone away later in the week, I'll let you know how it works out. I'm going to bed now too. Don't tell on me, just wanted to let you know that we are alive and having an alright time on the road. Good night!!





Good boy Max, good boy!
ReplyDelete